Mr. Tilton received his bachelor's degree with honors in political science and psychology from the University of Houston (graduating cum laude). Later, he earned his law degree from the University of Houston Law Center. While in law school, Mr. Tilton honed his courtroom skills by excelling in numerous advocacy programs and serving as a member of the Interscholastic Moot Court team and the Board of Advocates.
Immediately following law school, Mr. Tilton worked at one of the oldest and most prestigious litigation firms in Houston. He participated in his first trial soon after being sworn in as a lawyer. He then joined another successful plaintiff's practice where he helped obtain millions of dollars in verdicts and settlements for his clients. He has gone to trial and handled cases throughout Texas and in over a dozen different states. Contact our law firm today to find out more about Michael S. Tilton and how he can assist you.
Awards & Accolades:
- Texas Super Lawyer Rising Star (2012 - 2018)
- National Trial Lawyers Top 40 Under 40 (2012, 2015, 2016, & 2017)
- Eagle Scout
- "Prepare Your Client for Mediation," Trial Magazine, 2015
- "Keeping the Maritime Injury Case Afloat," Trial Magazine, 2011
- "A Step-by-Step Analysis of Medical Malpractice Claims Under the Texas Tort Claims Act," Advanced Medical Malpractice Course, 2008
- 100% of Practice Devoted to Civil Litigation
Memberships & Associations:
- Phi Alpha Delta Law Fraternity
- Delta Upsilon International Fraternity
- Texas Trial Lawyers Association
- Houston Trial Lawyers Association
- Houston Bar Association